Tuesday, February 19, 2008

The Pub at Well Hall Eltham

This is a bit out of my area but I've found out that the Tudor Hall barn at Well Hall in Eltham is shutting down.

What does this have to do with me?

Well I stumbled upon it while trying to visit Eltham Palace a few months ago. It struck me as being really rather pretty and worthy of a visit.

However the Pub's lease is owned by Greenwich Council, who have decided to shut it down to turn it into something more "community-orientated."

So that'll be something with the public in mind then? Like the tickets for the Red Bull Air race or the corporate box at the O2? I'm not holding out much hope for whatever they have in mind...

It'll probably be somewhere for the Council to get away from the smell of rotting rubbish while they hope for more Led Zeppelin tickets so they can see them again.

Oooo, that was a bit moody...

Anyway you can read about the story on the News Shopper web site here.

No comments: