Wednesday, January 23, 2008

The carton recycling point it back at Sainsburys!

One of the new(ish) recycling bins at Sainsburys has been converted to be a carton recycling point.

I did write to them complaining that they'd taken away the facility they had to recycle the cartons that they themselves were selling (you can read about that here) and I doubt I was the only one that did. So it's nice to see that they have come to their senses and given us the bin back. It means that there's a few less things that will go into my black sack of, what I presume will be, landfill rubbish.

After the apparent debacle of the new rubbish collection scheme those of us who are keen to try and be green have some positive news.

On the subject of the new scheme there are still Christmas trees and nappy bags in my road, which is nice.

No comments: