Monday, March 31, 2008

The power of Google?

As you've probably seen I'm trying to highlight how much, or indeed how little, my local Councillors care about the area that is called, with no sense of irony, their ward.

Well I thought I'd try Googling their names to see what comes up, I was quite pleased with the results.

A search of "janet gillman" results in over 1000 results and Charlton Average is there at number 10 on the first page! About half of those first 10 appear to relate to our good Councillor.

Searching for "Allan MacCarthy" does a whole lot better. At number 1 and 2 are links to Greenwich's web site, numbers 3 and 4 are links to Greenwich Labour party and there I am at number 5 with my revelation (cough) that even if Councillor MacCarthy possessed a veritable plethora of Monkey's and their relatives he couldn't spare a single one for his ward.

Councillor Gary Parker is a bit trickier, it seems that it's a common name. So I narrow down the search to councillor "Gary Parker" and boom I'm in at number 3! Numbers 1 and 2 are once again the Council's web site and Greenwich Labour Party only come in at number 4 underneath me!

I find it terribly sad that they wouldn't just respond to me and try and deal with the problems. However given that they've failed to do that the best that I can do is to try and bring their lack of care to light in the hope that it either gets a response or leads to people asking awkward questions of them.

No comments: